Sep 12, 2008

Big Fat LOSER.....

Well, my million dollar, artificially whitened smile didn't get me the job! Which is a very important life lesson to my inspiring young future corporate-americans out there. ALWAYS show cleavage and pray to the good lord above that your future boss is a man but most importantly a pervert!

Surprisingly enough I'm not even disappointed about it. I mean sure it was my ticket back to the real corporate world, more money and something that would actually involve using my under stimulated brain cells but life goes on. I was dreading the long 30 minute drive (one way) every time I went back for an interview and that just means another hour away from GG each day. So, it was best that I ended up as #2 which you will hardly ever hear me say. When I followed up with them today, just as I told you I would, I was told they offered it to #1 and she gladly accepted.

I like to think that my starting salary was to high for them to justify and most likely exceeded the gal whom I interviewed with last. She and I were to be equal office leads, while assisting both salesmen. She admitted openly that my advanced computer skills exceeded hers and probably felt as thought I was a threat. However, it really could have been based on the fact that there is visual proof that I tend to wear helmets, or drink a little too much but probably because of my piss poor grammar and being over confident and a special Thanks to K'man over at 7 acres of heaven for pointing that out!

So charging ahead with enthusiasm, just as my geometry teacher Ms. McNaughtin always said.... I shall have far more time to spend with all of you guys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bummer dude...but hey #2 ain't bad :) it just wasn't meant to be, & now I don't have to remove your blog from my favorites group ;)

loren said...

Congrats on not getting the job! I would normally send my condolences, but what good would that do? And by the way, Kevin, while pointing out your grammatical errors, misspelled the word 'warranted.' You're welcome!

Even if you do eventually get a job, it won't stop me from posting and annoying the shit out of you. This is in reference to charrosmom.blogspot.com.

K'man said...

Loren, Loren, Loren. If you had read the blog a little closer, I spelled "warranted" the same way it was spelled in the very blog I was teasing.
All in good fun.
Anyone reading my blog knows that I don't always cap the first letter of a sentance and I frequently use 'tho' as a word.
Anyway, I am sorry that you didn't get the job. When you come over to interview in Iowa for a buyer job, remember the line from the Drew Carey show "Cleavage Rocks" (or something like that)

K'man said...

I feel horribly responsible that you have not blogged for days!
The dispair you are obviously feeling about not getting the job must be overwhelming since you are unable to chronicle ANYTHING.
I sincerely apologise for remarking on your grammar and will put ashes on my forehead and tear my clothes in penance for my rudeness.
BTW, our trip to LV was wonderful. I got wife the spa but backed out on my own. When she came back to the room after much pampering, I asked her how was it? Her response, "There was a woman in the hot tub with NO HAIR DOWN THERE. I was shocked"
Great. $150 on a luxury spa treatment at MGM Grand and what does she remember? A bald cat.
Anyway.
BLOG!