Oct 22, 2008

Show & Tell.....

Since my new blogging buddies, Maddness of Me & Motherhood in NYC have posted pictures on something wordless Wednesday...I don't know what the hell it's called..... I too decided to post something in my city that I get to look at everyday.

I'd like to take a moment to introduce you to my very close & personal friend......

GIANT JESUS

Sometimes when we're just hanging out I like to call him G.J. for short. You know...cause he's my Dude.

Seriously, this statue of GJ is actually 62' high. He's located just north of Cincinnati on I-75. His church is between my "home" exit and my "work" exit and I get the pleasure of passing him every day M-F ..... sometimes up to 4 times a day!He is so famous....Wikipedia even has an entry about him. You know what they say about Wiki...once you're in there that you have officially arrived. Oh...and he is Jesus for heavens sake....we all know he's coming soon anyway!

There have been songs written about our Giant Jesus, he's been featured on an episode 3, season 1 of Rob & Big, he's pretty much a local celebrity around here. I hope you all can share the joy that I have with GJ at some point in your lives.....because GJ totally ROCKS, despite what his critics say.

Often while at work, I'm giving directions to our customers and I feel the need to tell them.... "If you found Jesus then you've gone too far!". My company hasn't quite accepted it as our new slogan but it's always good for a laugh.

I keep looking for my name in Wiki..............still waiting!

4 comments:

loren said...

You may love your giant Jesus, but he creeps me out! I'd be afraid he'd smite me as I drove past.

Maddness of Me said...

Haaaa haaa snort haaa snort. Omygod.

I think I prefer our Fist Cock.

Holy crap (no pun intended) it looks like he is rising up out of the water.

Anonymous said...

OMG that is like 6 flags over Jesus.

That is outrageous.

Marinka said...

I can't believe I've been settling for regular size Jesus all these years, when I could have been enjoying Supersized Jesus!