Oct 9, 2008

Intervention....Day 2.

Finally, after admitting my addiction to MySpace Mafia Wars and the negative affect it's had on all of us, I felt so relieved. I was able to really believe that I could finally get the help I needed to have a successful recovery. I had an indescribable hunger and I wanted to know what sobriety really taste like.

Would you believe it if I told you I gave it up.....COLD TURKEY? Yeah, you heard me!!!!! C-O-L-D...... T-U-R-K-E-Y!!! Yeah for me, I really did it!

I had finally reached the point in my game where I was realized that I wasn't having FUN any more. I had more weapon and cars then I could possibly use and I couldn't spend the money I earned hourly fast enough. I gave up an empire that most mafia members could only dream of. AND...I felt good about it. I did it on my terms, without looking back!

Jenni took the news hard when I told her my decision to end the addiction. The awkward silence was broken by her sobs & pleas to "hang in there" and "just a few more days". I realized that we enabled each other in this addiction and I suggested she seek help for herself. I know it's nearly impossibly for me to stay sober as long as she continues to plays behind my back.

With that being said;

Dear Jenni,
I'm here today because I love you. I can no longer sit back and watch you kill yourself with your addiction to MySpace Mafia Wars. I am asking you to get the help you need TODAY. Join me TODAY in sobriety and I promise you we can beat this disease together. If you choose to not get the help you need TODAY, I will no support you or your addiction. I will have no choice but to remove you from my top 8 friends and replaced as #9. I will no longer accept your comments or messages, unless they are regarding your treatment, recovery or sobriety.

Will you accept this gift of treatment today? I love you!


I really want to thank my blog friends and my own blog for encouraging me to do what I needed to do. I knew it was leading to nowhere and headed there real fast. I discovered my love for blogging again..... which is a true blessing. I'm really going to need something to fill the 8 hours a day of MW that I played for the past few weeks.

I'll get there....one day at a time.

No comments: