Jun 25, 2008

I've been returned ....against my WILL!!!!

It's unfortunate that I'm writing this post because that means I have officially returned from my Girlfriends trip to Chicago. Please understand that I've actually been home for days now but I have "officially" checked back into reality!

You should be pleased to know that TPG and GG have successfully survived 4 days without me. Any longer and I may have been writing a much different post! When I say survived......well that's basically what they did...... it wasn't pretty. TPG has shown much appreciation and gratitude towards my role as the primary care giver and the two of them were relieved and grateful that I did actually return home and not become one of those "Mommy went out for a pack of cigarettes in 1982" stories.

Our Girlfriend's weekend was wonderful! We laughed, we cried.......... we laughed so hard we cried while creating many outrageously funny stories to share and cherish the rest of lives.

The whole Girlfriends thing started years & years ago when my Grandmother Joan & her only sister Judy started taking weekend long trips with their girlfriends. They shared these trips for years & I even remember their trips from my early childhood. My Grandmother passed away 7 years ago and there haven't been any trips since then. My Great Aunt Judy is the only surviving member of the original Girlfriends. I was honored and pleased to be apart of the next generation of the tradition my family & close friends have shared for over 4 decades.

Here are a few of the adventures we shared on our 2008 Girlfriends in Chicago!

L to R : Kimmguru, Billie Elaine (my Mom), Angie (my Aunt, her sister), Judy (my Great Aunt, their Aunt)

This is one of my favorite pictures of our Chicago Adventure. We took an evening horse drawn carriage ride through the city and it really was amazing.

We shopped for days & then some how shopped more! I am actually a SHOPPER & I completely shopped myself out! There's really a lot more to do in this city then just The Magnificent Mile .... we only failed to see past sale racks and the sticker shock that we just don't really have in my small Ohio town. We spent one morning in the salon getting very expensive manicures..... because manicures are what Girlfriends do.


My husband The Pepsi Guy.....should be so proud!

There comes a point when you know YOU probably had too many Margaritas, especially when their at about $12 a piece.... and you quit counting. The delightful pleasure of the tequila & salty lime goodness was a pure indulgence that I simply couldn't deny myself any longer. Here is what Chicago was like ...... a little inebriated!













We have already planned the destination for our next Girlfriends Getaway! Amish Country ......... Here we come! I have a feeling I'll be bringing my own bottle for that trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a great time & that the hubs & kiddie survived without mama!! I love Chicago- the shopping is so great. second fave is mall of america!!