Jun 4, 2008

So they call me the "Procrastinating Perfectionist"

I like to call myself a "Procrastinating Perfectionist". It's the best way I can explain the way I live my life. Unfortunate, I know but it's just the way I am. I have tried many times to change this "character flaw" but I have been nothing short of unsuccessful in my attempts of personal growth.

Here's a perfect example of my aforementioned statement, with the exception of the perfection so maybe it's just laziness.

TPG and I have planned for months and months to completely gut and remodel our master bathroom. We have a wonderful friend, I'll call Skinny who is doing the work for a fair price of practically nothing. In return, Skinny has asked us to do a little homework on the project to help ensure the process of the remodel is smooth & easy. However TPG & I didn't do our homework or any of the things that were asked of us & now we feel like ass-clowns!

Skinny wanted us to do the following:
  • take before pictures
  • pick out the materials (we started this one until GG acted like an asshole at Lowe's)
  • select paint & flooring
  • arrange for assistance with the tub install/leveling (original plans fell through, called in back up)
  • have little or no expectations of perfection
It should be pretty obvious as to which of the listed chores I pretty much have under control! I believe in this particular situation that I have such low expectations ahead of time because the bathroom is already such a "shit hole" that any changes is bound to be an improvement!

Skinny is at the house now ripping the existing bath structure to shreds. TPG said he confident that Skinny is also wearing a pair of my thong panties on his head as a sweat band. Probably as retaliation for the lack of preparation on our part.

On a positive note, I hope to post pictures of our new lavatory very soon.

No comments: