Jul 1, 2008

This should not come as a surprise.....

but I have a brother who is kind of an asshole. I could dedicate an entire blog site to him and all of his super shitty antics including the ones he has done to me. Like this...... and this..... but more recently his behavior has become intolerable to me & I have chosen to emancipate myself from him.

Mr. BIGWOOD has established some what of a hothead, bad attitude, quick to become enraged and always overact..... type of repetition. I can see how some of these things can become unavoidable at times but EVERY TIME has become to much for me. I am no longer on speaking terms with Mr. BIGWOOD and we are now continuing our silence into week #2. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining of the much needed break from the negatively that he brings to my life. I simply feel that I have been his verbal punching bag for too long and now it's time that he face the consequences for his unacceptable behavior.

The funniest thing about all of this feud is the fact that both of us are very stubborn and too proud to break the silence! I can see this lasting a very long time which is perfectly fine by me....... *asshole*

So have any of you experience the same type of sibling rivalry? I'm curious as to how you solved the problems or at least recognized your differences.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kind of know what you're going through. I grew up with 4 brothers & have probably been through some of the same scenarios as you...ie: getting chased around the kitchen with a knife, being told I would 'wake up in a pool of blood' (still haven't figured that one out cuz techinically if it was my pool of blood wouldn't I probably be dead or unconcious so therefore unable to 'wake up' in it? Never said they were the sharpest knives in the drawer. Anyways, I don't talk to two of them anymore. Reason why? We are all adopted, my younger three were actually biological half brothers & were in foster care & my parents didn't want to split them up so they adopted them all at the ages of 4, 6, 9. Granted they came from an abusive/neglectful home, but you can only use that excuse for so long. the oldest of them was hell on wheels growing up & eventually left us to go live with his biological mom. He cut off communication for years. He really hurt my parents after everything they did for him & I don't think I can ever forgive him for that. Recently he has tried to make amends & being the good people my parents are they welcomed him back into their lives, but I can't seem to let go of my anger & refuse to talk to him. I didn't even invite him to our wedding. Now the youngest of the three is completely selfish & doesn't care about anyone but himself & only calls, stops by when he wants something & I just can't tolerate that either. The other two I have a good relationship with. But those both have stories as well. My older bro has a form of muscular dystrophy & the other one is currently in prison. How's that for a f'd up family?!!

Kimmguru said...

WOW! No offense Malea....but I'm already feeling a little better about my situation! There are 4 of us (2 boys & 2 girls)and the other 3 get along great but he is the outsider. He really puts himself in that position because he is as that "Me against the World" mentality.
I think having such crazy childhoods have made us the "wonderful" people we are today!!! LOL!