Jul 17, 2008

Damn You.....The Dentist!

So I am off to the dentist this afternoon for the 2nd time in the past week. Except today's visit is far more enduring & painful.....did I mention PAINFUL. At least that's what I'm assuming!

Here's my complete dental history....in a nutshell.

I am the only one of four children who didn't have thousands & thousands of dollars in orthodontic procedures. My teeth have always been very healthy & very strong. I didn't even have a cavity until I was 23 yrs old. Then at the age of 25, I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I had to sign a consent form prior to oral surgery that stated I wouldn't try to claim restitution on the the tooth they chipped during my procedure and conveniently forgot to MENTION! I had to have the chipped repaired a few weeks later, at my expense. Even after this experience I still love going to the dentist. I'm a regular, you know the 6 months on the dot for my bi-annual cleaning type of person. I suppose I enjoyed my visits because I've had wonderful experiences with past "perfect" checkups ..... for years.

That is.....until last week!

That wisdom tooth repair, in the form of a filling that I just told you about ....... well it decided to fall out. Without warning, it was gone. I'm not really sure when I actually lost it but when I realized it was gone, I called to have it repaired. At my initial visit I was told that during my pregnancy with GG, I must have suffered from a common calcium deficiency. This supposed deficiency happens to a lot of expecting woman but the sign aren't apparent until later.....you know....2 YEARS LATER. The teeth of the mother are usually weakened by the deficiency and there are procedures that can be done to prevent any future problems such as decay or even breakage. He claimed that I needed to have my work done BEFORE I plan my next pregnancy. In case I forgot to mention ..... TPG & I are ovulating in two weeks and beginning the ridiculous journey of creating more offspring to add to the Guru clan. So, today I am headed back to the dentist to have some rather expensive "preventative" work done to four of my teeth at one thousand dollars a tooth! Yes, you read that correctly $4000 dollars! I don't even have a F**KING cavity! I am slightly irritated at the whole thing and actually tried to hit my parents up with the guilt trip of how "inexpensive" I was during my adolescences compared to my siblings. They laughed uncontrollably and then promised to make it up in their will. As TPG explained to me so kindly, He would rather dish out the money for my teeth now then spend it later on a trailer down by the river for his toothless, barefoot, pregnant wife....who might be is cousin...... or sister.

I however would rather spend the $4K on new boobies, I mean at least people could see them. Besides, who looks at a chics mouth these days anyway!

No comments: