Jun 9, 2008

I need an intervention for INTERVENTION

At least that's what The Pepsi Guy told me yesterday when I prepared to watch the 5 "surprise" episodes I found on our DVR! I call them "surprise" episodes because they magically appeared overnight for my Sunday viewing pleasure. It was like I had won a free bonus gift from the Lancome counter, or better yet, the Ohio Lottery (which is usually millions & millions of dollars).

The anticipation of my favorite documentary series "Intervention" on A&E is often more then I can handle for a Monday evening. I first realized there could be a problem/"addiction" (as they would say) when a few weeks ago......Memorial Day to be exact, when the show didn't air & I almost lost my ever-loving mind! Now if you personally know me, this is probably very hard for you to understand because prior to owning DVR I basically watched ZERO television for myself, unless you include Noggin or Spongebob which I do sometimes enjoy. I've also been known to included Cash Cab on Discovery Channel to my short list of DVR viewings, which also drives TPG completely insane but that's another blog. Using my basic Intervention knowledge and being the detailed list maker that I am, I can justify why I am an "addict".

  • The emotional high I feel by watching their personal struggles. I laugh, I cry, I get extremely angry....especially when children are involved, I feel overwhelming grief & a sense that I can actually help these crazies.
  • I feel like an Adult when I watch these episodes because GG is peacefully sleeping in her bed & I have a few moments of uninterrupted television with control over the remote.
  • It just makes me feel better about myself & my life and I suppose I feel blessed that I am just not that fucked up after all!
You see people who have addiction and not just the drug kind either, all feel many of those same emotions. I'll admit now that I may be in denial now about my "Intervention" needs but when it starts to interfere with my daily life & I quit doing the things I need to be doing....like changing baby diapers, then please call 1-800-662-HELP and let them read this post. I'm sure they'll know exactly what to with My Kind!
In the meanwhile here is a show schedule for the upcoming season, which starts June 16th, 2008.

Season 4
YEAH........I can't WAIT!!!!!!!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a funny bee-otch! I never knew you started this blog till I saw your comment on Loren's today alongside that gorgeous mug of yours!! You can add one more to your reader list now :)

Kimmguru said...

I guess the pressure is on to write some good stuff!!! I'll warn you ahead of time....I'm no Loren!

Thanks for reading!!!

Anonymous said...

don't sell yourself short, you are hilarious...I was dying laughing at just your profile blurb alone. Oh & I want to thank you for addicting me to that damn Superficial website!!