Jul 9, 2009

Inspiration is found.....

In the most unusual places. In my particular case it was located in Kentucky..... at the lake house this past weekend. A stranger approached me at a small gathering on Friday prior to the 4th of July. His name was John and this particular man was missing a leg. Inspiring to say the least as he played corn hole and mingled amongst the other guest. It was then that he spotted me as I sat quietly rocking Good Girl in my arms. I heard him say out loud from across the room .... "Sue! Look she's here! The guru girl is here and she has GG with her!".

The Seed Had Been Planted!

A complete stranger had read my blog and recognized me. However this recognition was bitter sweet for me......knowing how I'd left my few faithful readers high & dry for so many long months.

We continued to chat for a good while as he told me how he found me. He "googled" Dixie Bend Retreat and one of my post was the first to appear. He read my story ....several times ....laughing endlessly ...... then decided to share it with Sue, his wife. They continued to read my blog and recognized my family. It's an easy leap to make considering we're pretty much the ass clowns of the retreat.

During our conversation he asked me why I no longer continued to write. I was coming up short! I had no logical, or even a fairly decent excuse to give him. His question made me feel strangely guilty and it was at that moment that I decided to give it another try.

I mean seriously folks.......I'm practically a celebrity now.....at least in Kentucky. How can I, in good conscience keep all of this literary greatness to myself any longer?

3 comments:

K'man said...

I am so excited to see you posting! I have missed you and look forward to more silly ass antics of your family!

Kimmguru said...

Thanks for the welcoming back. It feels good to be "home"!

Heather said...

I think I blacked out for a moment when I looked at my blog roll and you weren't at the bottom!! ;)

Welcome back!